Saturday, September 17, 2016


So, I found this adorable DIY candy jar on Pinterest! My second home, as my husband would call it. 




I thought this was so cute and thought I would make this myself. 
You will need the following materials

1 - Small pottery plant container
1 - Small pottery plant base
1 - Glass small fish bowl or small round vase (proportionate to our planter size)
Ribbon of your choice
1 - cabinet knob
Glue gun and stick
Black spray paint or acrylic paint and brush
Candy Corn candy or any candy of your choice

1.) Lay the pottery items on newspaper and get ready to start painting or if you are using spray paint take it in a well ventilated area and start painting the pottery and cabinet knob. 


provided by iheartnaptime.blogsopt.com

Let the paint dry completely. 

Now it's time to hot glue the bowl.
Turn the planter upside down
Set the glass bowl on top (open side up) and center. 
Remove the bowl and place a large amount of hot glue on the bottom of the painter as well as the bottom of the bowl and put the bowl back on the painter. 

Let dry!

While that is drying, take the planter dish and turn it upside down
hot glue the painted cabinet knob to the bottom of the planter dish making sure it is
centered and in the middle. 

Let dry!

Now its time for the candy..... I love me some candy corn and with autumn quickly approaching this cut candy dish will be a great feature in my dinning room or entry way. 

Add your choice of ribbon around the center right below the glass bowl. 
I did not secure the ribbon as I wish to change out the ribbon during the season. 


Here is my final piece. I did purchase the planter base for a larger planter so the lid is a little too big and next time I make, this will use a larger glass bowl.
The glass bowl I used was a small flower bowl from Dollar Tree. 
Planter, base, ribbon, knob and candy all from Walmart.

Below are some more pics of various other candy dishes using this same concept.










No comments:

Post a Comment